What started as a drunken idea in a bar has morphed into this - a fantasy football podcast from me and my mates. The goal: make an interesting and entertaining fantasy podcast that might help you do alright, but hopefully not as well as me. We've heard what's out there, and we reckon we might be able to do just as well as those other duffers, maybe even better.



There's also some FC Tokyo stuff on here, but I now blog on all things Gasmen at On the Gas (click on link below).

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Special LMS Podcast - Founding Fathers of the LMS

It was an absolute pleasure to catch up with my co-founding father of the LMS, two-time Champion Gareth Balston, in Melbourne last week, and luckily I'd taken the recording device with me on my trip ... so we blabbed away for over an hour (edited down to 52 minutes here).

In this, the 10th season of the league, we began by talking about Gareth's strong league record, reminisced about the managers still with us and others who have come and gone, and had a lot of other ground to cover obviously, but unfortunately the Stellas kicked-in after a while so you may notice a difference in the quality of the analysis!

Highlights included:
  • Gareth serving it up to old sparring partner Steve King...
  • and then massacring the pronunciation of Marouane Chamakh's name...
  • on more than one occasion.
  • His old man walking in to get the bottle opener.
  • Me? I wasn't up to much
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment